Jennifer Yu is an associate of North, Nash & Abendroth LLP. Her practice focuses on general business litigation in state and federal courts. She has represented clients in a broad range of disputes, including disputes involving real estate transactions, foreclosures, receiverships, trademark issues, and bankruptcy issues. She also has represented clients in eminent domain, environmental, contract, and landlord-tenant matters. She has significant experience representing public entities. Prior to joining North, Nash, & Abendroth LLP, Jennifer worked for a major California law firm.
Jennifer is conversant in Cantonese Chinese.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Successfully represented private and public entity clients in prosecuting and defending actions for breach of contract, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Prosecuted judicial foreclosure and receivership proceedings.
- Represented landlords in unlawful detainer and holdover actions.
- Successfully defended California city in mass toxic tort action involving claims of negligence and unfair business competition.
- Represented public entities and landowners in numerous eminent domain actions and actions to foreclose on special tax liens and assessments.
- Successfully defended California city in lawsuit for federal civil rights violations.
- Represented public entities in actions involving CEQA, RCRA, and Hazardous Waste Control Act.
- Member of trial team defending major accounting firm in action for professional liability and negligence.
- Represented major health care provider in medical malpractice actions.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Sacramento County Bar Association Fellow
- Law Review: UC Davis Law Review, Senior Notes and Comments Editor
- University of California, Los Angeles
- B.S. - 2001
- Honors: UCLA Alumni Scholar
- Major: Physiological Science
- Minor: Asian American Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association