E-mail MeVicki A. Nash
Vicki Nash is a founding partner of North, Nash & Abendroth LLP. She specializes in general business litigation and bankruptcy litigation, and has represented clients in disputes involving real estate transactions, foreclosures, receiverships, securities issues, insurance issues, trademark issues, business governance and control issues, and bankruptcy issues.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represented individual in federal court action against investment advisor for fraud, securities law violations and constructive trust, and obtained entry of $3.9 million judgment.
- Represented corporate director and shareholder in actions involving corporate governance disputes, fraud and securities law violations.
- Defended lender in appeal of judgment for dismissal of action alleging claims for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and aiding and abetting.
- Represented wholesale lender in litigation matters involving borrower fraud.
- Represented manufacturing company in trademark dispute and general business matters.
- Represented major manufacturer of computer drives in bankruptcy and litigation matters related to acquisition of assets from Chapter 7 debtor.
- Represented major retailer and related debtors in bankruptcy reorganization (emphasis on litigation, resolution of claims regarding real property leases).
- Represented internet services provider and related debtors in bankruptcy reorganization (emphasis on litigation, resolution of claims regarding equipment and real property leases).
- Member of trial team representing oil company in lawsuit arising out of oil spill.
- Represented various lenders in foreclosures of commercial office buildings involving judicial foreclosures and receivership actions against defaulting borrowers.
- Represented a county fair association in a significant partnership dispute.
- Represented a radio broadcasting company in federal court trademark litigation over rights to radio station name and call letters and in various contract disputes.
- Represented a snack food manufacturer in state court litigation involving a contract dispute over a key trademark license.
- Defended various companies and individuals in preference/avoidance actions.
Areas of Practice
- General Business Litigation
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - June, 1993
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: St. Thomas More Honor Society
- Law Review: Loyola Law Review, Member
- University of California, Davis
- B.S. - 1977
- Major: Biology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Real Estate and Litigation Sections, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation Section, Member
- William P. Gray Legion Lex Inn of Court, Member