North, Nash & Abendroth LLP has an extensive litigation practice in state and federal court, representing both plaintiffs and defendants at the trial and appellate level. Seasoned litigation and trial lawyers work on all aspects of your case to achieve the best possible outcome, whether settlement, arbitration or trial.
We are committed to providing advocacy that is both cost-effective and value-centered. Efficiency is a firm-wide commitment. We pursue value-centered litigation by working with the client at every stage to identify strategic choices, setting goals that advance the client's real needs in resolving the dispute.
We pride ourselves on our trial and advocacy skills and ability to manage every case with a trial-centered litigation plan, while keeping sight of opportunities to position a case for resolution at an earlier stage on terms satisfactory to the client. Sometimes that means a timely resort to mediation; sometimes it means settlement negotiations with our adversaries when the litigation moment is right; and sometimes that means vigorously litigating the case through verdict and appeal.
Our attorneys have extensive litigation experience in a broad range of legal issues and substantive bodies of law, including the following:
- Business torts (including unfair competition, unfair trade practices, interference with contract and prospective economic advantage, fraud, negligence, trade secrets, etc.)
- Banking and finance (including inter-creditor disputes, lender liability, etc.)
- Bankruptcy Litigation (including defense of preference/avoidance actions, relief from stay, real estate disputes, etc.)
- Civil rights (including ADA public access claims, Unruh Civil Rights Act claims, etc.)
- Contract disputes (including breach of contract, specific performance, etc.)
- Corporate/Partnership/Joint Venture disputes (including shareholder derivative suits, securities fraud, takeover litigation, corporate opportunities, accountings, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, alter ego liability, etc.)
- Defamation (including libel, slander, etc.)
- Entertainment, media and advertising
- Franchising (including termination of franchisees, franchisor-franchisee disputes, etc.)
- Labor and employment law (including discrimination and retaliation, workplace harassment, etc.)
- Product liability (including negligent design or manufacture, breach of warranty, strict liability, case coordination, Proposition 65 claims, etc.)
- Real estate litigation (including landlord/tenant, breach of real property contracts, leasing, broker liability, specific performance, foreclosures, receiverships, unlawful detainers, quiet title, etc.)
- Trademark and copyright protection and defense
- Other (assist as co-counsel in other litigation matters, including complex family law disputes, complex trust and estate disputes, etc.)