Labor/Employment Law Defense
Employment Law Attorney
North & Nash LLP specializes in defending local, regional and national employers in all facets of labor and employment law and civil litigation before State and Federal courts and governmental agencies. These agencies include the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”). In addition, our labor and employment law clients include businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies— to small companies and start-ups.
Our employment law attorneys specialize in labor and employment representation for employers, with extensive experience in the following areas:
- Employment Discrimination, Retaliation and Workplace Harassment (including counseling, investigation, defense of claims, etc.)
- Personnel Management Counseling (including counseling as to hiring, managing and terminating employees, structuring and implementing reductions in workforce in compliance with WARN and other State and Federal laws governing lay-offs and restructuring, development of personnel policies, development of employee manuals, employee contracts, etc.)
- Wrongful Discharge Litigation (litigation of various tort and contract claims including claims of sexual harassment, Title VII and other civil rights claims.)
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition Counseling and Litigation (including counseling as to the development of internal programs and documentation designed to prevent misappropriation of intellectual property; and prosecution and defense of claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of covenants not to compete and other claims of unfair competition, including claims under California Business and Professions Code § 17200)
- Wage and Hour Issues (counseling as to wage and hour issues, including classifying employees as exempt or non-exempt, compliance with statutory meal and rest-period laws, etc.)
- Leaves of Absence and Reasonable Accommodations (advising on disability and leave rules, formulation of leave-of-absence policies and procedures to ensure compliance with both Federal and State laws, etc.)
At North & Nash LLP, we handle a variety of employment and labor law litigation cases. Our employment law attorneys in Irvine possess the knowledge, experience and dedication you and your business deserve.